Friday, August 17, 2012

WIP: Rhino Interior

(Click for larger images) 

Pretty self explanatory: the interior of a rhino. 

The entire interior was undercoated black and airbrushed fortress gray and white. Sponge chipping was applied using Charadon Granite. For weathering, I used two layers of burnt umber oil paint, the first was a thin layer applied on all surfaces, the second layer was applied more thickly concentrating in the recesses and in areas where I wanted to add build up or streaking. Finally, to add a sense of realism and imply the vehicle's use by its passangers, blood was splashed on sparingly using Tamiya Clear Red mixed with a touch of black and Scorched Brown; Secret Weapon Miniatures spent shell casing were superglued in place; and a hurridly painted helmet was glued down.

Because the interior of the Rhino will be...well...interior...I didn't spend more than a few hours on the effort. This was also my first time using oil paints in a project -- I have barely had time to experment with them before, even -- so it was a learning process but I'm fairly happy with the results, I think.

1 comment:

  1. They really need to wipe their boots before they get back in the tank, that's just appalling. Maybe they missed the "honor thy wargear" gene along with the Betcher's Gland and the Sus-An Membrane.