Friday, August 17, 2012

WIP: Rhino Interior

(Click for larger images) 

Pretty self explanatory: the interior of a rhino. 

The entire interior was undercoated black and airbrushed fortress gray and white. Sponge chipping was applied using Charadon Granite. For weathering, I used two layers of burnt umber oil paint, the first was a thin layer applied on all surfaces, the second layer was applied more thickly concentrating in the recesses and in areas where I wanted to add build up or streaking. Finally, to add a sense of realism and imply the vehicle's use by its passangers, blood was splashed on sparingly using Tamiya Clear Red mixed with a touch of black and Scorched Brown; Secret Weapon Miniatures spent shell casing were superglued in place; and a hurridly painted helmet was glued down.

Because the interior of the Rhino will be...well...interior...I didn't spend more than a few hours on the effort. This was also my first time using oil paints in a project -- I have barely had time to experment with them before, even -- so it was a learning process but I'm fairly happy with the results, I think.