Thursday, October 15, 2015
Wanting to work on bases that match the city board I just painted, I came up with this.
1. Mix various rock sizes together and glue on base, adding some larger clumps and masterclass scenics bricks to achieve a modest "rubble" look. Some plasticard steel beam was also added.
2. Prime black.
3. Paint GW Celatra Grey (solid coat). Paint steel beam metallic.
4. Burnt umber wash applied to white base.
5. Brown weathering powder applied to entire base.
6. Rust weathering powder applied to steel beam bit.
7. Grass tufts!
Future bases I think will feature barbed wire, skulls and spent shell casings for more variety.
Posted by Emperor Bill at 7:36 AM